Job Number: 2019-TDOC-1238
LOCATION: Patrick Air Force Base, FL, USA
The Systems Analyst will provide subject matter expertise in seismic data analysis. The analyst will help develop improvements to preliminary analysis, ongoing assessments, and final evaluations of regional geophysical data monitoring compliance with international nuclear treaties. They will also perform scientific evaluations and analysis of regional geophysical data (primarily seismic, acoustic, and hydro-acoustic).
- Draft scientific evaluation reports and brief senior staff;
- Assess regional data evaluation procedures and software;
- Recommend actions to correct deficiencies, increase efficiency, and improve capabilities
- Provide operations guidance and recommendations on regional geophysical monitoring;
- Identify state-of-the-art developments to improving worldwide monitoring of nuclear explosions to speed evaluation, increase fidelity, and reduce uncertainty;
- Verify technical feasibility, suitability, and sustainability of computer data processing and evaluation methodology;
- Monitor acquisition programs to ensure new software and hardware meet mission requirements.
Bachelor’s degree or an Associate degree with Air Force Specialty, Scientific Applications Specialist certification or equivalent and documented experience specific to the defined responsibilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 6+ yrs. (AS) degree, 4 yrs. (+BS), or 1yr. (+MS), with relevant experience performing tasks like those above.
- Basic understanding of the processes that lead to seismic event formation and classification; disciplines required to develop seismic analyst procedures and training.
- Must pass drug test.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must possess a fully adjudicated (not an interim) Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com