Job Number: 2018-1224/134
LOCATION: Patrick Air Force Base, FL, USA
The Database Administrator (DBA) will provide Oracle database administration and configuration management and control to Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) scientists, engineers, and configuration managers. AFTAC maintains Oracle databases on Non-secure Internet Protocol (IP) Router Network (NIPRNet), Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet), and Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) networks. The DBA shall construct and execute PL/SQL code and UNIX shell commands in administering these Oracle databases and support hierarchical storage management systems for data archive programs while managing security gates across these domains.
- Maintain Oracle databases; NIPRNet, SIPRNet, and JWICS using PL/SQL code and UNIX shell commands:
- Install database software and application of security and upgrade patches.
- Monitor, tuning, and troubleshooting database issues.
- Monitor user access to identify high resource processes.
- Perform backup and recovery of database objects and add/delete/modify uses accounts.
- Design new database objects and upgrades database versions.
- Support maintenance of the security and integrity of databases.
- Coordinate with other government agencies in retrieving data, updating database objects, updating database versions, and to ensure they are in sync with the data they are authorized to receive.
- Assists with in testing in-house and third-party software that interacts with the databases.
- Assist in the migration of unique historical data from the legacy Oracle databases to Research/Development Oracle database.
- Create and edit reports to using computer languages such as Perl, shell, etc.
- Define database capacity requirements based on usage
- Assist users in accessing data to include web interfaces
- Monitor and report data flow through cross-domain solutions (data flow throughput and performance) and troubleshoot problems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Oracle database administration with UNIX/LINUX shell/command line systems experience.
- Perl programming and scripting languages (such as C#, C++, JAVA, UNIX, Lisp/Scheme).
- Oracle’s PLISQL programming language and Application Express (APEX)
- Trade or Military training and 5+ years relevant experience.
- CompTIA Security+
- Must pass drug test.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must have a fully adjudicated (not an interim) Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.