Job Number: 2019-1237
LOCATION: Patrick Air Force Base, FL, USA
The Geoscientist will provide subject matter expertise in regional seismic data analysis, possess advanced training, having actually accomplished a research project working independently and written up an acceptable final report in the technical area working. Supports development of the Mediterranean Regional Seismic Database.
• Support the creation of a trusted data set (database) of regional seismic instrument responses of various well-identified regional conditions.
• Support the input of records to an Oracle, or compatible, relational database with Center for Seismic Studies (CSS) table attributes and waveform data in standard CSS seismic formats.
• Review and input associated metadata records identifying the physical, equipment, and electrical characteristics of the station.
• Perform independent research and prepare scientific technical publications and reports.
Master of Science or Ph.D. in Geophysics, Physics, Mathematics or other applicable field of scientific study.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 10 + yrs. (MS) or 3+ yrs. (+PhD.) of relevant experience performing tasks similar to those above.
• Data sets that include events and waveforms recorded on a regional array.
• Independent preparation of scientific reports and studies.
• Expertise in geophysical data acquisition formats including the CSS.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to communicate with executives.
• Must pass drug test.
• US Citizenship required.
• Must possess a fully adjudicated (not an interim) Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.localjobnetwork.com.