Job Number: 2018-TSA-002
PRIMARY LOCATION: Arlington VA
The Intel Analyst (IA) Subject Matter Expert (SME) will support the Transportation Security Administration Writing Excellence Program (WEP) program. WEP encompasses training on the art and mechanics of intelligence writing excellence, including language structure, usage, format and grammar and writing for the executive customer. The IA SME will direct the development and delivery of trade craft writing skills training to improve the intelligence writing and analytic product quality and cohesiveness across the TSA Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) enterprise. Moreover, the IA SME will provide high-level advice and assessments along with expert-level guidance on the production and distribution of finished all-source intelligence and information products.
• Provide advisory support and expertise on Intelligence Community (IC) written guidance by reviewing IC guidance, revising I&A products for conformity to overall guidance, supporting working groups to revise and create I&A products, incorporating best practices into training, and making recommendations to senior leadership.
• Prepare and control courseware following the Instructional Systems Design model.
• Schedule and deliver All-Source Intel Information Product instruction to enhance TSA I&A effective writing skills following the Inverted Pyramid Writing style.
• Provide instruction, mentoring, and tutoring across a broad range of I&A writing requirements that support each phase of the intelligence cycle (Needs Assessment, Planning, Collection, Processing, Analysis, Dissemination, and Evaluation).
• Coordinate training workshops, tutoring sessions, and mentoring activities.
• Maintain student training and certification records.
• Writing and editorial skills (intel analysis writing is desired)
• Experience in leading or participating in the development of operational and or strategic products, all-source analysis, and or fusion cells.
• Master Intel experience, overseeing the creation, editing or review of IC products
• Experience applying: − The National Geospatial Agency (NGA) Writer Guide and Style Manual
− IC Directive 203 Analytic Standards
− IC Directive 206 Sourcing Requirements for Disseminated Analytic Products
− Controlled Access Program Coordination Office (CAPCO) Registry
− Information System Security Officer (ISSO) Marketing Handbook
− Controlled Access Program Coordinating Office (CAPCO) Implementation Manual
− Executive Order 1233 Privacy and Civil Liberties and the Information Sharing Environment
− Executive Order 13526 Classified National Security Information
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree or +12 years’ IA experience and associated coursework.
• US Citizenship is required.
• Top Secret security clearance is required.
• Must pass a drug test.