Job Number: DCGS-2018-001
PRIMARY LOCATION: Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA), Texas
The Security Specialist will support the U.S. Air Force with evaluating basic trainees selected for Air Force Specialty Code assignments that requires Top Secret security clearance for training and/or job performance. The security specialist will provide basic trainee pre-screening and related administrative actions to document results of the interviews.
- Conduct pre-screening interviews to determine if issues exist that would prevent or seriously delay the trainee from obtaining the required clearance eligibility.
- Provide career briefings to inform trainee of the purpose for the screening, type and nature of the assignment under consideration and importance of the sensitive skills eligibility process.
- Conduct personal, in-depth trainee interviews to identify and clarify indicators of the individual’s suitability or reliability for critical careers and ability to obtain a Top Secret or special access security clearance.
- Identify subtle deception indicators during the interview, define and resolve derogatory information; assess and record trainee’s responses on interview screening worksheets.
- Review documentation provided in Air Forces Recruiting Information Support System-Total Force (AFRISS-TF), TTMS, and the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), or Defense Information System for Security (DISS).
- Document trainee suitability in the AFRISS-TF, and the Technical Training Management System (TTMS).
- Provide recommendations to the Government of a trainee’s loyalty, reliability, and trustworthiness regarding the protection of classified information.
- Maintain an activity log with daily record of trainees screened.
- Submit statistics for tracking individual and Sensitive Skills office workload.
- Writing and interviewing skills.
- Experience using AFRISS-TF, TTMS, JPAS and/or DISS.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree or Trade/Military training and 3-5 years relevant Security Specialist experience and personal experience conducting face to face interviews.
- US Citizenship is required.
Must have a Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
Must pass a drug test.