Job Number: 2017-132
LOCATION: Patrick Air Force Base, FL, USA
We are planning for the potential addition of engineers and are prepared to execute contingent offers for up to 3 positions. We expect these positions to start in early 2018.
The Principle Engineer shall provide multi-discipline Engineering Support to the AFTAC’s global subsurface mission employing unattended ground systems that include seismic, infrasonic, and hydro-acoustic sensing systems and supporting infrastructure (power, grounding, communication networks). The PE will support three primary areas, 1) Operational Engineering Services, 2) Engineering & Technical Support Services, and 3) Integration & Installation Support Services.
- Evaluation, modification, configuration control, upgrade, phase out, and disposal of mission systems and support infrastructure including:
- Seismic, Infrasonic, and Hydro-acoustic sensing systems.
- Infrastructure support systems including power systems (commercial, solar, wind), radio frequency data telemetry, earth-electrode systems for remote, unattended site operations.
- Provide engineering oversight and support preparation of documentation required for siting, preparation, installation, upgrade, operation and maintenance of new and existing seismic, hydroacoustic, and infrasonic sensors and their support infrastructure.
- Support the installation of new systems (and support infrastructure) and the engineering integration of upgrades to existing systems, ensuring interoperability and meeting mission requirements.
- Development and review of sustainment-related documentation.
- Evaluate and recommend revisions to interface control and functional requirements documents.
- Prepare technical reports on integration and installation support issues and corrective recommendation actions to senior government executive.
- Attend meeting at the direction of the government, reporting findings, progress, and recommending corrective actions.
Bachelor degree (10+ yrs. experience) or Master degree (5+ yrs. experience) in a relevant area of study.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience performing tasks similar to those above.
- General experience using Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary to communicate with executives.
- Experience work within a government Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF).
- Experience is deriving and marking classified documents according to the National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM) and security classification guides.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must have a fully adjudicated (not an interim) Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Must pass a drug test.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org