Position add – start early 2019
Job Number: 2019-132
LOCATION: Patrick Air Force Base, FL, USA
The Engineer shall provide multi-discipline engineering support to the Air Force Technical Applications Center’s network of unattended ground sensor systems and supporting infrastructure (power, grounding, communication networks). The Engineer will support three primary areas, 1) Operational Engineering Services, 2) Engineering & Technical Support Services, and 3) Integration & Installation Support Services.
- Evaluation, modification, configuration control, upgrade, and phase out of mission systems and support infrastructure.
- Infrastructure support systems including power systems (commercial, solar, wind), radio frequency data telemetry, earth-electrode systems for remote, unattended site operations.
- Provide engineering oversight and support preparation of documentation required for siting, preparation, installation, upgrade, operation and maintenance of new and existing sensors and their support infrastructure.
- Support the installation of new systems (and support infrastructure) and the engineering integration of upgrades to existing systems, ensuring interoperability and meeting mission requirements.
- Development and review of sustainment-related documentation.
- Evaluate and recommend revisions to interface control and functional requirements documents.
- Prepare technical reports on integration and installation support issues and corrective recommendation actions to senior government executive.
- Attend meeting at the direction of the government, reporting findings, progress, and recommending corrective actions.
Bachelor degree in an Engineering related field.
- Relevant experience performing tasks similar to those above.
- General experience using Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary to communicate with executives.
- Must pass a drug test.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must have a fully adjudicated (not an interim) Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.