Job Number: 2019-1224/134
LOCATION: Patrick Air Force Base, FL
The Software Engineer will provide Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) to Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) scientists, engineers and operators by monitoring data flow into and out of databases and through cross-domain networks. They will work as part of this team to evaluate current data flows, propose and implement solutions for improved efficiencies, and respond to time-sensitive outages requiring troubleshooting.
- Implement time-critical solutions to restore data flow using NiFi.
- Develop software solutions from information needs, systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Perform technical troubleshooting in a UNIX/LINUX environment.
- Perform root cause analysis to determine assignable failure, recommend and implement solutions, assist with testing in-house and third-party software.
- Support Oracle and MySQL database administration (minimal level of effort): Install and maintain database software, apply patches, monitor, tune, and troubleshoot database issues. Perform database backup/recovery of database objects and maintain uses accounts. Design new database objects and support maintenance of the security and integrity of databases.
- Coordinate with other government agencies in retrieving data, updating database objects, updating database versions, and ensuring they are in sync with the data they are authorized to receive.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a major in Computer Science or other relevant field of study.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience performing tasks similar to those above.
- Experience with object oriented programming; Java or other.
- Must possess or obtain CompTIA Security+ within 180 days of hire.
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+.
- Web based application development.
- Agile Software Development Methodologies.
- PL/SQL, UNIX Shell, Python, C, C++, Oracle Application Express (APEX).
- Must pass drug test.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must possess a fully adjudicated (not an interim) Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.