Website Kegman Inc
Standard 40-hr. workweek! Why work for others that expect a 50, 60, or greater hours/week?
A dynamic opportunity for professional growth awaits! The Systems Engineer will work with government scientists and engineers to advance capabilities in performing forensic analysis on nuclear and other radioactive materials at the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC), located on Patrick AFB, FL. The systems engineer shall have a working knowledge of systems engineering processes, familiarity with software engineering, and computer systems analysis practices and procedures.
- Apply and interpret the formal Systems Engineering processes.
- Review software testing to ensure requirements traceability.
- Participate in software testing and review of associated test reports.
- Conduct functional configuration audits.
- Support acquisition and sustainment of computer systems and software development, testing, and evaluation of improvements to systems and equipment in support of the mission.
- Support acquisition of computer software/hardware and develop hardware/software requirements packages.
- Review program schedule and progress, assure compliance with entry/exit criteria.
- Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Configuration Change Proposals (CCPs).
- Attend meetings and teleconferences, prepare briefings and position papers.
- Support the development, installation, integration, testing, and sustainment of systems
- Systems Engineering skills required to perform the areas of responsibilities noted above
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary to communicate with executives.
- General experience using Microsoft Project, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Bachelor degree (10+ yrs. experience) or Master degree (5+ yrs. experience) in a relevant area of study, preferably, a systems engineering degree.
- General knowledge of software programs such as FORTRAN, C, C++, Python, and Java Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP)).
- A graduate certificate in the field of High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must possess a Top Secret clearance with the Department of Defense (government requirement).
- Must pass drug test.