Job Number: 2019-1352
LOCATION: Patrick Air Force Base, FL, USA
The systems engineer (SE) will apply a working knowledge and familiarity with systems engineering and computer systems analysis practices and procedures and apply and interpret formal Systems Engineering processes. The SE will support three primary areas, 1) Operational Engineering Services, 2) Engineering & Technical Support Services, and 3) Integration & Installation Support Services.
- Apply the formal Systems Engineering processes and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLS).
- Participate in software development/testing and review associated test reports.
- Perform technical evaluations, Source Lines of Code (SLOC) estimates and proposed schedules.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of field maintenance data.
Build and maintain VBA scripts to support engineering management activities.
- Write system test plans and evaluate system requirements.
Review all testing procedures/plans to assure requirements traceability.
- Review Document Change Notice inputs for accuracy; coordinate technical reviews and closures.
- Review Engineering Change Proposals and Configuration Change Proposals.
- Conduct a detailed review of Program schedule and progress.
- Conduct functional configuration audits, evaluate waiver and deviations requests, and identify process improvement areas.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Systems Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience performing tasks similar to those above.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exposure to Oracle’s PLISQL, MSSQL, and object oriented programming.
- Identifying, documenting, and controlling software interface, including integration with hardware.
- Familiarity of software development/engineering.
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps planning concepts
- Familiarity with condition based maintenance applications or methods
- Must pass drug test.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must possess a Top Secret security clearance with the Department of Defense with SCI eligibility.